In 2016 The Hague Academy for Local Governance (THALG) will once again select a limited number of young, talented and motivated civil servants working for a local government in one of the countries on the DAC list for its Talent for Governance programme.
The talent programme will be organised three times in 2016 and each programme will revolve around a different local governance theme. There is only one application period, namely from 5 October 2015 until 29 January 2016.
The talent programmes take three weeks and consists of the following components:
- A two-week training course at The Hague Academy for Local Governance in The Hague
- A week-long internship at a Dutch Municipality
- Talent for Governance networking activities
- Writing and implementing a back-home-action plan
When applying for the talent programme candidates need to choose one of the following programme themes, which are based on topics of the THALG training courses of next year:
- Citizen Participation & Accountability - Programme from 23 May - 10 June 2016 (More information about the training course part)
- Local Economic Development - Programme from 19 September - 7 October 2016 (More information about the training course part)
- Local Service Delivery - Programme from 3 - 21 October 2016 (More information about the training course part)
All information on the criteria, content, application procedure, rules and regulations and the application form can be found on the website. Please note that it is not necessary to also apply for the above training courses; they will be part of the Talent for Governance programme.