From 9 to 20 April 2018, The Hague Academy for Local Governance organizes its ‘Integrity & Anti-corruption’ training in The Hague. This course is intended for consultants and professionals working for; government, international organisations or NGOs and who are involved in anti-corruption, transparency and accountability processes in relation to development and governance. It will help you better understand the drivers of corruption and strengthen your analytical and practical skills at the same time. The course language is English.
In the course, you will:
- Examine the cross-cutting nature of corruption and its impact on social and economic development and the rule of law;
- Assess corruption vulnerabilities in governance institutions and processes;
- Learn about innovative instruments and the latest international developments related to integrity and anti-corruption, and analyse how these instruments can be employed to work in your country context;
- Engage with government, civil society and the private sector leaders to develop and implement integrity and anti-corruption policies and programmes with a view to achieving sustainable and equitable development;
- Support the establishment and strengthening of effective accountability and integrity institutions in locally appropriate ways;
- Learn from the experiences of the experts, as well as your fellow participants, and expand your professional network in the field of integrity and anti-corruption.
The deadline to apply for this course is 23 February 2018. For information about the course fee, discounts and Nuffic Fellowships, please go to this webpage. If you do not qualify for Nuffic Fellowships or would like to apply without Nuffic funding, then please follow the application procedure through this link.
For questions or more information about this course, please direct your inquiry to the Programme Manager, Nienke Vermeulen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31(70) 37 38 695.