The Local4Action HUBs are a new initiative by UCLG aimed at localizing the Sustainable Development Goals, in practices and initiatives. The Local4Action HUBs should provide a platform for showcasing, recognizing and scaling-up local policies and processes and for fostering synchronization between activities and parts of the broad network while accelerating the constituency’s impact on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. It’s an opportunity to bring local approaches to sustainability to the forefront of the international conversation.
Who can apply for a Local4Action HUB?
- Has your city, local government or region developed innovative policies and programmes to advance on the creation of sustainable, fair and equal territories?
- Does your city respond to the dreams and expectations of its citizens and communities while advancing Global Agendas and building on UCLG’s values and principles?
- Do you believe that your experience can inspire and help other local and regional governments to define similar policies and demonstrates the important role of LRGs in achieving a more sustainable planet?
Then you can join the world acceleration for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda! You can join the global platform by registering your initiative!
How can you apply?
You can submit a proposal by filling in the following Google Form in one of the three working languages of UCLG (English, French or Spanish), before 5 September at the latest. A second set of questions will be sent to you after a first validation.
If you have any questions on the process, you can reach the UCLG team at the following email: Local4ActionHUBs@uclg.org
For more information, please click on the following links:
- Local4Action HUBs flyer: “Local experiences transforming global policies"
- Call for Local4Action HUBs
- Video on the Local4Action HUBs